Flagler County is more than seven months into a drainage and roadway enhancement task inside of the Marineland Acres community that is slated for completion in mid-2023. The job, when comprehensive, guarantees to the two boost the streets and lower the period of flooding in the area.
Staff is looking for home owner help for the duration of the development.
“Over time, owners set up personal facilities in the existing general public right-of-way that are now conflicting with design,” stated County Engineer Faith Alkhatib. “To tackle this problem, we made a notification and coordination approach that includes providing certified letters and doorway hangers with get in touch with information and facts to house owners afflicted by design exercise.”
The objective is to allow householders sufficient time (30 days next ideal-of-way demarcation) to relocate or clear away encroachments. To support aid the process, Alkhatib and her personnel are readily available to satisfy with impacted people, if asked for, to clearly show the site and varieties of storm drainage enhancements proposed in close proximity to their attributes.
“This notification procedure has acquired extremely beneficial suggestions from owners and has helped construction-connected action to proceed effortlessly,” Alkhatib explained.
To more aid the procedure, a backlink was developed on the Flagler County web page for the task that incorporates section scheduling and contractor information.
The construction plan outlined underneath – subject matter to transform owing to situation beyond the county’s manage, these types of as climate – features all of the affiliated do the job for both of those the underground utilities, drainage, and completion of the roadway building.
- Central Avenue – April 12, 2021 to November 5, 2021 – ongoing
- Surf Push – November 7, 2021 to January 3, 2022 – upcoming
- Ocean Street east – January 3, 2022 to March 3, 2022 – forthcoming
- Ocean Road west – January 14, 2022 to March 3, 2022 – upcoming
- Rollins Generate west – March 3, 2022 to June 2, 2022 – future
- Moody Generate east – June 2, 2022 to September 1, 2022 – impending
- Moody Travel west – September 2, 2022 to October 10, 2022 – upcoming
- Rollins Drive east – September 2, 2022 to November 5, 2022 – future
- Atlantic Push west – November 5, 2022 to January 2, 2023 – approaching
- Flagler Travel east – November 6, 2022 to January 6, 2023 – future
- Atlantic Drive east – January 7, 2023 to March 8, 2023 – future
- Flagler Push west – January 7, 2023 to March 4, 2023 – future
- Roadway paving operations – March 3, 2023 to March 30, 2023 – impending
The get the job done features 3.7 miles of many two-lane household roadway and associated enhancements – quite a few of which are filth roadways that will be improved. Grants from The Florida Department of Transportation fund much more than 98% of the complete venture, with local funding and county assessments funding the remaining balance.
All of the streets are found involving Condition Street A1A and the Atlantic Ocean coastline, and the improvements will include: a uniform structural journey lane area and cross-segment, and cul-de-sacs – some that will be recently constructed with a paved surface, and other folks that are to be simply just milled and resurfaced – each working with very hot blend asphaltic concrete. In addition to roadway enhancements, indications and pavement markings will be included the place vital.
The development will also include things like correct-of-way drainage advancements consisting of roadside grassed swales, and a piped stormwater selection method that will convey storm drainage to an current treatment place.
“The Marineland Acres group (of about 200 residences) is familiar with of the previous flooding and septic tank effluent challenges that have plagued the spot through heavy storms,” Alkhatib stated. “With the planned improvements, the gathered stormwater will quickly be conveyed to a recently constructed Central Avenue drainage trunk line, and will go on south to tie into the presently manufactured Bay Travel pipeline and remedy place ahead of continuing to the Intracoastal Waterway.”